Action cameras are the most compact, powerful cameras for recording epic moments of your life. Finding the best action cameras under 100 dollars budget is now comfortable in quality and first-class features. There are many high-quality, handheld action cameras with premium price tags. But are unreachable by an average budget consumer. It is why we are here to show you some of the best budget action cameras with equivalent high-end features just under the 100 dollars price range.
These smart, compact cameras fill with high specs sensors and a different approach to challenging any action scene. Despite the advancement of smartphone cameras, action cameras are not going anywhere. Instead of being faint from people’s hands, they become more useful tools for all sorts of adventure.
Action Cams are fantastic and task focus tools for any specific project. You can mount these compact little cameras on anything and shoot your high res videos. Mount on helmets, Selfie sticks, and shoots personal vlogs excites. But nowadays, people use action cameras as portable wifi security cameras due to the fact of smart and modulable.
These days all Action cameras capable of shooting 4K resolution videos even in underwater. But you have to know that there are two types of 4K videos. Thanks to their compact size, fit anywhere, mount anywhere, and shoot steady action videos, they held sheer processing power.
In the past, some manufacturers misleading people with marketing gimmick by labeling cameras 4K capable. In actual, they upscale the 1080p shooted videos to 4K. Yes, this is a thing called Resolution Upscaling, mainly possible by interpolating the current capture footage.
The exclusive footage is very different from the actual very high-resolution native 4K, which is drastic. It is the reason real 4K cameras label as Native 4K for quick identification.
Besides all this, action cameras gaining popularity in the majority. Vloggers, streamers, and sportspersons are shooting their sports and stories. Here we made a list of 6 most compact, rugged, best action cameras under 100 dollars.
In the list, we provided you the best budget action cameras. Most of them come with professional accessories, waterproof casings, gambles, and other equipment. You can check out the highlighted main features for the camera inbox accessories. They all are pretty capable Native 4K shooting with fair frame rates.
Top 6 Best Action Cameras under 100 Dollars
- AKASO V50X 4K Native Action Camera
- ” Most compact, lightweight action camera with a wide range of accessories under a 100 dollar price range. Shoot 4K 30 fps videos and photos with wide-angle of 170 degrees even underwater.”
- APEMAN TRAWO A100 4K Native Action Camera
- ” 4K camera can shoot underwater video at 30 fps. Its wide-angle 170 degrees 20MP camera powered with HisSilion chip can shoot pretty low light scenes easily.”
- Xiaomi YI 4K Native Action Camera
- ” The best GoPro Competitor action camera shoots 4k ultra videos and RAW images. It comes with a high-resolution retina screen with Gorilla Glass protection make it a well budget action camera.”
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4k Native Action Camera
- ” This is a premium level 4k budget camera with UV filter lenses with long battery life. Shoot impressive 200 FPS at 720p resolutions for over 3 hours of battery life.”
- Dragon Touch Vista 5 4K Action Camera
- “The best budget 4K camera with all the accessories capable of underwater recordings. It comes with EIS stabilization makes shooting fast object visually clear.”
- AKASO Brave 6 4K Action Camera
- “Budget 4K camera can shoot 4K videos and comes with all the accessories capable of underwater recordings. Voiced control smoothes the EIS stabilization camera with a big image sensor.”
Product Rating Table
|AKASO V50X Native 4K30fps||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|APEMAN TRAWO A100||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|YI 4K Action and Sports Camera||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4k Action and Video Camera||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Dragon Touch 4K Action Camera||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
1- AKASO V50X 4K Action Camera (Native 4K)
Akaso is one of the known brands in budget action cameras; their v50x is the upgraded model of v50 with a low price tag. They make this one of the most affordable cameras in the v50 series with premium-level features. This time they came up with massive upgrades and improvements over the previous version.
The New v50x comes with a better EIS stabilization system work with all resolutions, an excellent feature for handheld cameras. The electronic stabilization lets you shoot steady videos with smooth frame rates without any gimble.
Its bigger wide-angle 12MP camera sensor shoots Native 4K UHD videos at 30 FPS with native quality enhancement technology. It is the most demanding feature for many consumers to have a quad HD capable action camera for their day to day vlogs. If you concern about more frames rather than high resolution, you can turn down the settings to 2k with 60 FPS and even 720p resolution with 120 FPS.
These settings will lower the image quality but increase the frame rates, suitable for reliable video editing. Lower resolution recording also saves your storage and provide efficient battery life. The camera comes with two 1350 mAh rechargeable batteries for the battery, with the included charging dock. You can take both batteries with you and shoot up to 6 hours of fantastic videos with a total battery capacity of 2700 mAh.
If you want more, you can buy a couple more batteries regarding your needs. There is also a battery charging dock included with the camera, which can charge two batteries simultaneously. The dual battery charging system eventually increases the charging time. So it can quickly assess the batteries and help you with continuous video recording.
Build quality wise camera has a sturdy body made of high-quality, rigid plastic. It can stand a couple of drops and relatively lightweight as compared to GoPro cameras. Even support more accessories than any premium action camera also comes with a handful of useful accessories in the box.
The V50X has a decent amount of buttons, including a shutter, power button, and volume buttons, and zoom in and zoom out functions. The camera has a micro SD card slot on the right side for data storing, and sharing uses built-in Wifi features. Aside from the SD slot, there is a micro USB and a mini HDMI port for screen sharing to external monitor or TV.
Other essential features are the camera UI, which is pretty straightforward and responsive. Embed with many helpful features like the video angle adjustments and stabilizations. Because this is a wide-angle lens camera, you can shoot up to 170 degrees comprehensive videos and images. Also, you can watch and share videos directly with the Camera App.
Overall, this camera has many high-end features in an excellent budget-friendly package. Its night image quality is surprisingly good but without the image stabilization. Day time footage with the stabilization has decent effects on image quality with anti-shake functions. The underwater video recording is also of good quality. If you want a compact action cam with a budget-oriented price tag with high-end features, then Akaso V50X is best for you.
- It has a Wifi feature for controlling with App, screen sharing, photos, and videos.
- The camera has a built-in electronic image stabilization function.
- It has a bright viewing 2 inches IPS touch display for visuals and settings.
- Micro HDMI port for fast data transferring and display projection.
- It has a standard SD card slot that supports high-end data cards.
- Its video angle is adjustable at 70°, 110°, 140°, and 170° wide angles.
- It features a distortion filter that can calibrate and correct image quality.
- The inbox included a remote control watch for quick controls and shots.
- Other accessories include two helmet mounts, a waterproof case, protective backdoor.
- It comes with 10 adhesive mounts, tethers, a USB cable, lens cloth, a reference guide, and two packs of batteries.
- The WP case let the camera shoot underwater videos with a massive range of 131 feet (40m).
- EIS image stabilization function of the six-axis gyroscope can provide stable quality.
2- APEMAN TRAWO A100 (Native 4K)
Apeman is another known brand making compact action cameras with high specs features. Their Apeman Trawo A100 is almost identical to Akaso V50X but has different sensors and chipsets. It resembles GoPro, but a very affordable cost of under 100 dollars makes this a perfect candidate for our budget action cameras list.
Apeman Twawo A100 is the successor of the company’s best-selling A80, which has entry-level specs. This time they embed a bigger and more capable sensor for capturing Native 4K footage in any action scene. Uses a powerful chip from HiSilicom called the Hisilicon Hi3559, capable of fast capturing 4K video recording with less time and managing videos smooth frame rates with builtin EIS stabilizations.
The camera houses a 20MP wide-angle shooter from Panasonic manufactured MN34120 sensor. Which has great low light capabilities and fast shutter speed? Can shoot 4K video at 30 FPS, 2K at 60, 1440p at 60, 1080p at 60 and 720p at 120 frames. Although it can shoot in 4K, the smaller resolution will greatly affect battery life and provide long-term recordings with little space consumption.
Because it has a powerful chip that requires more power to process 4K recordings and quickly drains the battery. It came with a standard 1350 mAh battery and provides only 35 minutes of battery life when shooting 4K videos. That is pretty less than the other action cameras in the list, which is not much of a problem for some, but it gets you high-resolution footage.
If you are concerned about long battery life, you can turn down the settings to 1080p and shoot videos for over 100 minutes. Also, the 720p resolution is slow motion capable, can shoot fast-moving objects with the frame rate of 120 frames per second for intense action. Besides, it comes with a pair of batteries, so you can charge one and use the second battery at a time.
Like Akaso V50X, Apeman Trawo A100 uses EIS, electronic image stabilization technology with a six-axis gyroscope for steady action footage. But Apeman added more functionality in A100 with an Auto-recognition system, which can identify persons in the frame and adjust the level of depth and sensor aperture to scene accordance. On top of that, it can take bokeh shots with appropriate background blur in photos and videos.
The Apeman A100 has a wide range of accessories. The included waterproof casing makes the camera waterproof with 40 meters, which is 131 feet underwater radius. It is a vital feature for an action camera to shoot underwater footage. The image quality of A100 is pretty sharp in low light conditions; even underwater short light recording is sound.
The build quality is good and has two multifunctions buttons located on top. One is the power and mod changing button, while the other is for selection and shutter functions. There are two more buttons on the right side for menu navigations and zoom.
The ports selection is pretty standard and is on the left side of the camera. It has a micro SD card, micro USB, and Mini HDMI port to share and watch TV videos. All of the ports are covered, which is a good thing for an action camera.
Overall, this is a budget action camera that can perform edge to edge with premium spec cameras. The adjustable wide-angle lens capture 170 degrees with auto scene detection functions. It produces excellent underwater footage in low light. For functionality, connect with Android and IOS using the Camera App and transfer videos directly to smartphones. Comfortable build quality and a wide range of accessories make it a good pick for a person with a tight budget.
- Wifi control feature with smart App, screen sharing, videos, and photos.
- It has an electronic image stabilizer with a six-axis gyroscope.
- It has a 2 inches IPS LCD touch display for visuals and settings.
- Micro HDMI port and Micro USB port for fast data transferring and display projection.
- Shoot underwater videos with a range of 131 feet (40m) with a waterproof case.
- Adjust lens angles with 70°, 110°, 140°, and up to 170° wide angles.
- Autocorrect scene and detect an object with full background blur functions.
- Image distortion corrector for better photos and video quality recordings.
- Inbox included accessories are waterproof casing, helmet mount, bike mount,
- USB cable, rear case cover, plastic ties, microfibre cloth, two batteries,
- a couple of wire and velcro straps, tapes, and various case mounts.
3- YI 4K Action Camera (Native 4K)
YI 4K is another Xiaomi product line with premium features with the competition of GoPro Hero 6, actually better than GoPro with high-end features and premium quality. It is one of the premium action cameras you can buy with a budget price tag of over 100 dollars. It uses the industry-leading Sony IMX377 12MP image sensor with the ultra-wide-angle lens. Can capture 4K RAW images and have options for easy share using the Camera App.
The Yi camera is very capable of Native 4K recordings at 30 FPS with pretty depth quality. There’s also a 1080p recording at 60fps and super slow-motion 240 FPS recording at 720p settings, which is excellent for super-fast action scenes. The camera features seven layers of LCE optical lenses with f2.8 aperture for better light capturing with lots of detailing for high-resolution images.
It has super-fast dual-band Broadcom BCM43340 802.11a/b/g/n Wifi with a refresh rate of 2.4GHz and 5GHz. It is twice more potent than the previous two products we mention, has 2.4 GHz Wifi, which is good but not that great. This wifi makes this pretty much capable of real-time scene sharing with zero delays via Yi Camera App. Share real-time footage on social media and Yi global community platform.
The most appreciated features of this camera are 2.19 inches wide retina touch screen display and premium quality. The screen has protection with Gorilla Glass, high standard Glass protection mostly found in Smartphones. It can protect the screen from scratches.
Design-wise this is the most simple looking yet beautiful finish body that has only one button on top. For settings and other functions, you can use either the smart App or use the high-resolution beautiful touch display on the camera’s back for all the features.
Battery life is twice the size of the GoPro hero four-camera, and last over 120 minutes of duration with Native 4K recording. Even it has the most powerful chipset, Amarelle A9SE75, which is a dual-core high-frequency chip. The 1400 mAmp Lithium-ion battery has quick charge features of 4.4 Volts, which is enormous than other competitors.
Overall, this is a high end featured better than GoPro Hero 4 and 5 action camera when you compare all its features. The Camera App also edit pictures and videos and apply different filter effects. Meanwhile, it shares real-time footage on social media.
It has a variety of color schemes, white, black, rose gold options. But sadly, it has no accessories included with the camera. You have to buy it separately. The good thing it can also support GoPro gears if you have. Otherwise, you have to check online. It is the camera for professionals with high-end features and costs less than any premium camera.
- Best featured Wifi connectivity with Camera App can take overall control of the camera.
- Share live footage and share with the Xiaomi Yi community to see other people’s work.
- The built-in electronic image stabilization system has a six-axis gyroscope.
- It has a 2.19 inches IPS Retina LCD with great visuals quality.
- Shoot underwater videos with an additional case not included.
- It has a massive range of accessories sold separately.
- Has Micro HDMI port and Micro USB port for data transferring.
- It has an adjustable wide-angle lens with 70°, 110°, 140°, and up to 170° wide angles.
- Auto scene detection, image distortion, and other smart features are built-in.
- Inbox, there are no accessories, only the camera, and a micro USB cable.
- A manual guide for beginners.
- The audio quality is excellent with dual mic and noise correction.
- Provide long battery life of 120 minutes on 4K recording with the most potent hardware.
- Features wise, this is one of the best overall action cameras with a great video recording of 50 FPS.
4- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4k Action Camera
Xiaomi products are expanding the world’s horizon every day. You will find Xiaomi’s sub-brands in every electronic store; these brands are very affordable and of high quality. Their collaborated Mijia Mini Sports Camera is no exception with high-quality balance features. You can’t get a better performance action camera with a small compact design at a low price below $ 100. It is saying; it has better specs than the premium labeled GoPro Hero 4 if you compare it closely.
The camera comes with a high-resolution retina screen, with a size of 2.4 inches, making this one of the second best-looking displays on action cameras in the list. As Yi 4K also got the retina screen with the same size. The Mijia Mini uses the Ambarella A12S75 chip, which can handle the Sony IMX317 Sensor. Which is, by the way, an old sensor, has an 8 MP image sensor.
It is capable of many things you can imagine from an excellent action camera, and it is right under the budget segment of this list under the $ 100 price range. While competitors like GoPro Hero 6 have a way up price tag with more premium frames rates. Here Mijia has only an 8MP sensor, but the features are better than GoPro Hero 6. It has six-axis electronic stabilization, long battery life, a UV filter, and a 3.2mm sensor lens capture lots of details with automatic focus, and high contrast exposures functions make the photos more professional.
Features dynamic range photography with drones provides wide-angle up to 145 ° of fair vision with f / 2.8 aperture. Shoot steady videos with builtin 6-axis electronic image stabilizers reduce fast movement impacts for better-looking videos. It can shoot up to 30 FPS Native 4k footage, 2K at 50, 1080p at 100, and 720p at 200 massive frame rates better than most of its competitors.
Take RAW photos with 4K resolution, and powerful hardware reduces realtime noise reduction in 3D images and distortion effect seamlessly. It has Wifi and Bluetooth features for sharing data with the smartphone through the Camera App and performs other functions like remote recordings. Sadly the ports selection is on the little downside in Mijia Mini, has only micro USB and SD card slots, and no Micro HDMI port on the camera, which is not appreciated as every other cam has this feature.
The battery life is pretty decent, with powerful hardware with Native 4K recordings. It has a battery of 1450 mAh, which provides an estimated 2 hours of max resolution recordings with Wifi. If you want better battery life, low down the recording resolution to 1080p will serve you over 3 hours of recordings without any problem. A top tip is turning off the wireless connections and reduce the screen brightness to make you achieve the maximum battery life of any camera in the list.
Overall it is a good action camera with lots of useful features and does not break the pocket has the best features for the price. It has seven different layers of glass lenses with ultraviolet filters for high-quality recordings without getting flares on camera. Big bright screen and functional UI make use easy and productive. Significant in image distortion and footage stability without any gimble. It is the best budget action camera with the most compelling value for money features.
- Has Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity for smartphone connection.
- Provide remote recording features with the Camera App.
- Compact nice looking sleek design.
- Single function button on top.
- A built-in electronic image stabilizes the system with a six-axis gyroscope.
- 2.4 inches big IPS Retina LCD for all the functions.
- It has a professional level dynamic range in photographs and video shooting.
- No waterproof case with the camera buys separately.
- It has no Micro HDMI port, only a Micro USB port for data transferring.
- Has adjustable angle functions up to 145°, which is decent.
- Support high-speed Micro SD card up to 64 GB.
- The inbox, you get a camera, micro USB cable, and a manual guide.
- Budget price decent action camera under $100 price tag.
5- Dragon Touch Vista 5 4K Action Camera (Non Native 4K)
Dragon Touch Vista 5 is a most budget-friendly 4K action camera with quality features. It is the most underrated action camera with the 4K resolution video recording at 30 FPS quality with smooth electronic stabilizations. Support Wifi for smartphone connections through the camera App used to share videos.
It is capable of shooting 4K-high-resolution 20MP photos with pretty vivid sharp details. Capture many areas with its wide-angle lens up to 170 degrees field of view, which is the most obvious thing for an action camera?
The Dragon Vista 5 has all the premium features you need for better photography, ultra high definition video recording, and much more. Its 20MP huge sensor can shoot sharp in-depth photos without any delay. Records ultra 4K resolution without any bumps with the integrated electronic image stabilizer, resist all the shakings, and provide stable footage.
It has a builtin 2 inches touch screen for accessing camera settings and functions like camera mods, resolutions, zoom, and previous footages. It is the most fantastic feature in action cameras to help you a lot when shooting vlogs. Having a display in the camera makes photography a lot easier and productive with instant results allows you to enhance video quality with different settings without reshooting the exact scene.
Dragon Vista 5 is an exceptionally great camera in the budget segment with many features. It comes with many accessories included in the box. The most appreciated addition is the waterproof case, making Dragon Vista dive underwater up to 100 feet (30meters). Best for sports, especially diving, scuba diving, jet-skiing, surfing, kayaking, and boating.
Battery life is around one and a half hours, mostly depending on the resolution you put and the features you use. The best thing it comes along with two 1350 mAh batteries with a charging dock can charge both at the same time. So you won’t waste your time by setting one at a time. If you want a long battery duration, then lower the resolution to 1080p, and it will benefit you long battery life. Also, it will increase the frame rate to 60 FPS.
There is a remote included with the camera, its called the remote controller, but it more like a remote watch. Let you set the timer for photos and record epic moments with the press of a button. The feature of this camera is not bunding to the remote you can connect your smartphone with the camera Wifi using the camera App. It will let you truly control your entire camera remotely with real-time screen sharing.
Overall it is the very best budget camera under 100 dollars. Most likely for the beginners without the need for any additional accessories. It comes with all the necessary included in the camera box. You do not worry about getting a helmet mount or bike mount; it is all in the package. For the action camera perspective, this is an excellent small compact action camera, and it does not break your pocket. And this also has its app, which will allow you to share your videos and images to your Phone or Tablet easily.
- It has Wifi connectivity for smartphone connection with the camera app.
- Remote watch for quick controls useable when hiking and climbing.
- Slim design and has multiple function buttons.
- The Built-in electronic image stabilizes the system for smooth videos.
- It comes with a two inches LCD for all the mods and camera settings.
- Record digitally upscaled 4K 30 FPS videos and 20 MP ultra photos.
- It comes with a waterproof case and dives up to 100 feet.
- Inbox includes many accessories like two 1350 mAh Batteries,
- dual battery charger, remote watch, two helmet mounts,
- Five tethers, bicycle stand, Lens cleaning cloth, bandages,
- Protective backdoor case, two clips, five mounts, waterproof case,
- USB cable and manual guide of the product.
6- AKASO Brave 6 Action Camera (Non Native 4K)
Akaso Brave 6 is the updated version of Akaso Brave 4 widly famous budget action camera. The Brave 6 is really the best sub-$100 action cameras featuring high end features. It has one of the best amongst cheap action cameras activates with voice commands. It has 20 MP sensor shoots 2K at 30 FPS and 1080P at 60 FPS while 4K resolution video at 24 FPS with smooth electronic stabilizations.
It is a decent budget-friendly 4K action camera with some quality features. It has voice control that you can control your AKASO Brave 6 with your voice commands. The two simple orders are AKASO Video Start and AKASO Take Photo. Know that Brave 6 is not recording at 720p resolutions, only limited to 1080p at 60 FPS, not less.
The resolution is sadly not native 4K but upscaled. But The camera records the actual video footage in an FHD resolution and then puts it through a digital process to upscale. Besides that flaw, the camera has standard features and functions.
It comes with a built-in Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) that delivers steady and smooth videos during sports recording or shooting fast-moving objects. The wide-angle lens is capable of providing up to 170° degrees of huge-angle view. Customizable to 140°, 110°, and 70° degree fields of view.
The zoom capability of Brave 6 is a standard six-times digital zoom feature, which is nice to have in an action camera—nicely tweaked with 110° to 70° degrees angle shots. At the same time, performance-wise, takes decent selfies.
Battery life is another area where the Akaso Brave 6 does not provide any useful results due to the fact of Non-Native 4K resolutions. Which requires the processor to upscale the standard footage to 4K resolutions results in huge battery consumptions. Besides the small 1050mah battery, the camera does not allow below 1080p recordings.
The battery life is around 30 minutes with 4K recordings and improves with lower resolutions. The User Interface is simple and easy to understand and has some tweaks for improving image quality. Just like all modern action cameras, Brave 6 provides all controls via the inbuilt touch screen.
The simple navigation menu is user-friendly with several popular camera modes for photography. Besides voice control, another most appreciated feature of Akaso Brave 6 is the wireless remote control wrist strap that offers quick controls on the go.
The Akaso Brave is a complete package action camera with an underwater waterproof case, wrist controller, and many other mounts that come with the box. The case camera can deep dive up to 98 feet underwater, which is ideal for water sports such as surfing, swimming, diving, and snorkeling.
- Has 20 MP action sensor captures a Wide angle of 170 degrees photos and videos.
- It has Wifi connectivity for smartphone connection with AKASO DV App.
- It has six-voice commands for voice control functions.
- Slim wrist strap for quick controls helpful when hiking and climbing.
- It has a sleek, compact design with multiple functional buttons.
- Built comes an electronic image stabilization feature for smooth video recording.
- It has an LCD touch screen for interaction and camera settings.
- Record digitally upscaled 4K 24 FPS videos with 20 MP sensor.
- It comes with a waterproof case and dives up to 98 feet.
- Inbox includes many accessories like two 1050 mAh Batteries,
- Remote strap, 7 different mounts, helmet mount,
- 5 Tethers, bicycle stand, Lens cleaning cloth, one bandage,
- one protective backdoor case, 2 clips, 5 mounts, waterproof case,
- USB cable and manual guide of the Akaso Brave 6.
The best action camera that can shoot 4K ultra videos and comes in under 100 dollars price tag we compile in our shortlist. Capable of shooting in-depth photos with ultra details with wide-angle multiple layered lenses. You can read the whole article for details. Our recommended one is the Xiaomi Yi Camera has amazing features and overall quality. You can also go for others as they come with the necessary accessories in the box. The personal favorite is the AKASO V50X 4K Native Action Camera on top of the list. But the two real Premium cameras are the Yi 4K Camera and Mijia Mini 4K Camera, which do not come with any accessories. But they are delicious in terms of quality and performance. Here on, you can check out the suited action camera from the list for your desire. Thanks.
What is the best waterproof action camera under a hundred dollars?
There are many waterproof action cameras. The best waterproof camera under 100 dollars budget with high-end features is the Xiaomi Yi 4K Camera. But it doesn’t come with a waterproof case sold separately. On the other hand, the most budget-friendly best action camera with the included waterproof case is the Apeman Trawo A100.
What is the best cheap action camera?
The cheapest action camera is the Dragon touch 4K action camera, which costs around 60 dollars and lies in the list of most budget-friendly action cameras under 100 dollars. It can shoot 4K 30FPS videos with 16MP large sensors.
Action Cameras are very helpfull small cameras capabable to mount on any surface. All our listed action cameras you see are the most compact 4K cameras with high end features without the premium price tags. You can checkout any of them, as some of them comes with accessories you can used to mount on bikes, helmits, and even use as dashcams or security gear. Thanks for visiting.